The Lecturer will report into the Head of Programmes and will be responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of teaching modules for courses in all its modes, (online and face-to-face).
You will manage the provision of engaging learning opportunities to a varied range of adult learners, ensuring appropriate feedback and assessment, support and fairness, conforming with assessment and administrative requirements and reporting procedures.
- Plan, deliver according to the programme specification, using methods and materials tailored and appropriate to the learner group and their needs.
- Identify the needs of learners and adapt delivery styles to meet these needs.
- Prepare appropriate teaching materials, if required.
- Accurately and honestly report on your subjects. Reflect on, and action, feedback received through module evaluations and observations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning and assess learner’s work where appropriate.
- Ensure learners are given feedback on their progress in timely and in a constructive manner.
- Ensure that all required paperwork, including student reports and feedback reports on module assignments are submitted by the deadline date.
- Deliver non-subject specialist module workshops (academic support sessions) to support student progress.
- Attend relevant induction and tutor training meetings as required by OBC.
- Comply with and promote OBC’s policy on Equality and Diversity.
- Familiarise and adhere to policies relating to learning, teaching and assessment
- Master’s Degree in relevant subject area
- Teaching qualification (PGCE / PGCHE) or willing to work towards this
- Experience teaching students at this level in the relevant subject area
- Available and willing to work weekends
- PhD qualification
A full-time lecturer will deliver 21 hours of contact per week, on subject specialism modules. In addition to specialist delivery, the lecturer will be assigned academic support sessions, which they will be expected to deliver on a weekly basis to support student progression.
This list is not exhaustive, and the postholder may be required to undertake other such duties as determined by the Line Manager in consultation with the postholder to ensure the continual progress of the College.