|Job Title||Executive Principal|
|Responsible to||Managing Director/CEO|
|Responsible for||Campus PrincipalsHead of Student ServicesHead of ResearchHead of AssessmentsHead of Quality and Compliance|
|Application Last Date||Thursday, 30 September 2021 at 5pm.|
To provide inspiring and authentic leadership and direction, to ensure Oxford Business College succeeds in respect of its mission. The Executive Principal takes a significant responsibility for Oxford Business College achieving its strategic aims and objectives as determined by the CEO and Board of Governors.
Strategic Leadership, Management and Governance
- To lead the College to a sustainable and strong future.
- To lead the translation of the College’s strategic plan into effective and best practice operational planning.
- To lead and manage the operation of the College, providing inspiration, direction and drive for learners and staff, to ensure the achievement of the overall mission and strategic objectives set in conjunction with theCEO.
- In conjunction with the CEO, develop the educational character and activities of the College in line with the strategic plan and to ensure the appropriate range of provision for learners, considering governmental and/or funding key priorities.
- To instil and develop a positive and engaged organisational culture for learners and staff, which proactively welcomes equality and diversity within the College.
- To effectively line manage, appraise and develop senior leaders and their portfolio of responsibilities.
- To work effectively with senior leaders across all sites, to ensure the College’s offer to its stakeholders and partners is of the highest quality, with high levels of learner and staff satisfaction.
- To ensure every campus has devised and is implementing an effective plan to secure good and outstanding outcomes.
- To ensure effective relationships are established and developed with partners, across the HE landscape, at all campuses.
- To build effective relationships with all external regulators, including but not limited to the OfS, validating partners, British Counciland other local commissioners; and to ensure compliance with their requirements.
- Create partnerships that bring new opportunities for learners and the communities the College serves.
- To ensure effective risk management policies and procedures are in operation and a core management tool for each campus at the College.
- To ensure the College operates within all relevant legal, statutory and regulatory requirements, including Health and Safety, and the public service Equality duty.
- Ensure that, at all times, the College complies with, and if possible, exceeds all legislation, acknowledged best practice and board approved approaches to operating as an effective employer and educational service provider committed to equality, diversity and inclusion
- To take part in an annual cycle of appraisal which will be conducted by the CEO and Remuneration Committee.
- To embed and demonstrate the College values in all aspects of the Executive Principal role.
Curriculum and Quality
- To ensure high quality teaching learning and assessment is embedded and evidenced across all campuses.
- To ensure rigorous, ongoing quality improvement through an approach that demonstrates explicitly the processes of self-assessment, use of external judgements and measurement against agreed indicators to create the progressive ‘agenda for improvement’ and consequently develops and enacts improvement via explicit plans, targets and milestones.
- To ensure that continuous quality improvement strategies are fully embedded within all areas of the College.
- To maintain and develop an appropriate curriculum that meets both the current and future needs of learners, employers and the economy.
- To ensure effective leadership in implementing new technologies and other innovations to improve learning and outcomes for students.
- To maintain a safe, secure and compliant learning environment, particularly in relation to Safeguarding, the Prevent duty and other legal requirements, so that student behaviour is such as to promote excellence and achievement of their potential.
- To develop mechanisms which enable the student voice to be heard and engaged in the work of the College.
- To provide inspirational leadership and effective management of the Campus Principals and Heads at the main office, which will contribute to the delivery of the College mission, and create meaningful staff engagement.
- To engage staff in the ongoing development of the College’s values and future strategic direction.
- To ensure that development and maintenance of effective communication strategies both within and beyond the College.
- To ensure compliance and best practice in all HR issues, including employee relations, appraisal and development, recruitment, service conditions, grading, sickness management and disciplinaries.
- To develop and maintain personal professional standards and expertise for staff through a programme of continuous professional development.
- To support and fulfil the development needs of College staff.
Finance and Resources
- To work with the executive team to develop and deliver a strategic financial plan, with key indicators and measurable objectives.
- To ensure a rigorous drive on the production of reliable and high-quality management information to support all key areas of College business.
Business Growth and Partnerships
- To build and maintain a high profile as a champion for the College in the local community and the region within the sector.
- To represent the college, and influence on its behalf in a range of networks, including within the HE and education sector; and across the regional sites.
- To maintain and develop meaningful partnership working with other relevant organisations and to promote employer engagement.
- To ensure employer groups are an engaged and productive part of Oxford Business College’s community and that the College meets the needs of local employers.
This list is not exhaustive, and the postholder may be required to undertake other such duties as determined by the Board in consultation with the postholder to ensure the continual progress of the College.