About Oxford Business College
Oxford Business College (OBC) is the oldest independent Business School in Oxford, having been established over 38 years ago. We offer courses from Level 3 – Level 6 including Foundation Diplomas, Undergraduate degrees in Business and Management and English language Courses.
Oxford Business College delivers degree qualifications working in partnership with universities,
including Buckingham New University, University of West London and Ravensbourne University from across its campuses in Oxford, West London, Slough and Nottingham.
The Business Management Lecturer will report to the Head of Programme and will be responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of modules for Business Management courses which are currently delivered in person although this could change in the future in line with Government guidelines and Partner requirements.
You will manage the provision of learning opportunities to a varied range of adult learners, ensuring appropriate feedback, support and fairness, conforming with assessment and administrative requirements and reporting procedures.
You will be required to teach on one of the Business degree programmes, or HND in Businessprogramme offered in partnership with one of our UK-based Universities or Colleges.
You may be required to liaise with staff members at our partner institutions and very high professional standards will always be required of you.
- Plan, deliver and report on your module, using methods and materials appropriate to the learner group and module/programme content.
- Prepare appropriate teaching materials if required.
- Identify the needs of learners and adapt delivery styles to meet these needs.
- Comply and promote OBC’s policy on Equality Diversity and Inclusion.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning and assess Learners’ work where appropriate.
- Ensure learners are given feedback on their progress in a timely and constructive manner.
- Ensure that all required paperwork, including student reports and feedback reports on module assignments are submitted by the deadline.
- Attend relevant induction and tutor training meetings as required by OBC.
- Lead on modules and liaise with other Lecturers teaching on the same module ensuring all module materials are up to date.
- Undertake Personal Tutoring duties and work with other staff members to support students.
- Provide academic support and academic advice to students where required.
- Help with academic interviews where required.
- Undertake teaching and training activities with availability to work in the evenings if required.
- Help with general course administration and also undertake relevant scholarly activities where required.
- Ensure that learners are given timely and constructive feedback on their work and progress.
- Reflect upon and implement recommended action from feedback received through module evaluations, staff appraisals and lesson observations.
- Familiarise yourself with and implement the OBC learning teaching and assessment strategy, and all policies and procedures relating to learning, teaching and assessment.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Engage with continuous professional development including attendance and participation in workshops as and when required.
- Flexibility across weekends as this is the busiest time of the week for the organisation
- Master’s Degree in relevant subject area and other relevant professional qualifications
- Teaching qualification (PGCE / PGCHE) and membership of Advanced HE (Formerly HEA) or willing to work towards this within 12 months of appointment
- Experience teaching students at this level in the relevant subject area
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Available and willing to work weekends
- Comprehensive knowledge of Higher Education in the UK Desirable Criteria
- PhD or equivalent level 8 qualification
- Other industry-related professional accreditations/certifications/memberships
This list is not exhaustive, and the postholder may be required to undertake other such duties as determined by the College in consultation with the postholder to ensure the continual progress of the College.