About Oxford Business College
Oxford Business College (OBC) is the oldest independent Business School in Oxford, having
been established over 38 years ago. We offer courses from Level 3 – Level 6 including
Foundation Diplomas, Undergraduate degrees in Business and Management and English
language Courses. Oxford Business College delivers degree qualifications working in
partnership with universities, including Buckingham New University, University of West
London and Ravensbourne University from across its campuses in Oxford, West London,
Slough and Nottingham.
Working closely with the Head of Partnerships and Business Development, the Employer
Engagement Officer takes an operational lead on delivering Oxford Business College’s
strategy for employer engagement. The post holder must identify and engage with
businesses across the geographic areas that OBC has campuses to create work placement
and employment opportunities throughout and beyond their studies.
- To maintain regular communication with employers in geographic areas OBC operates.
- To promote employment and development opportunities to students throughout and beyond their studies.
- To generate links with local and national employers that result in opportunities for OBC students.
- To support students in preparing for employment by facilitating appropriate skills development sessions.
- To attend and promote employment and careers events.
- To coordinate and managing the hosting of events by OBC that improve students’ career prospects and opportunities for employment, promotion or staring their own business.
- Develop and coordinate the positive work life balance campaign.
- To lead on and work towards the College’s accreditation with the Small Business Charter
- To work with local enterprises partnerships in order to establish further training and mployment opportunities of students including networking
- To create and present costed proposals for employer engagement activities with consideration for positive impact on student experience and graduate outcomes.
- To work with programme leaders and coordinators to ensure that relevant employability competencies are embedded into the curriculum
- support the academic teams to identify real world business projects
- To attend and report to appropriate meetings and committees
- Effective budget management of employer engagement events
- To follow and comply with all OBC policies and health and safety
- Minimum BA (Hons) degree
- Experience supporting students at this level into employment
- Experience of giving student career support, information advice and guidance
- Excellent communicator with strong skills of persuasion
- Available and willing to work weekends
- Good knowledge of the needs of Business degree students
- Teaching qualification (PGCE / PGCHE) and membership of Advanced HE (Formerly HEA) or willing to work towards this within 12 months of appointment
- Master’s Degree in relevant subject area and other relevant professional qualifications
- Other industry-related professional accreditations/certifications/memberships
This list is not exhaustive, and the postholder may be required to undertake other such duties as determined by the College in consultation with the postholder to ensure the continual progress of the College.